At the moment I would like to introduce to you one of the vital successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which is oriented in the direction of the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For those who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game concept I will explain it intimately:
League of Legends would not put high requirements on your PCs. You need not less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free exhausting disk area, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You can even create an account on US while residing in Europe but you'll expertise greater pings then. I provide you with a hyperlink to create an account in my author's bio. Select a reputation (all the time the toughest half) and a nice image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are more game modes, but they aren't vital at first because as a newbie you should begin with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all select a "champion" who is the character you want to use in battle. Dependant on your personal preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, a bit boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are greater than 80 (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 completely different abilities (3 regular and one extra sturdy, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You study the abilities by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which suggests that you've got 5 points in every normal capability and three in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it's not essential to kill them your self!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
At first you usually play whatever you like, later it's useful to communicate together with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the same kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means skill power, they mainly deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Damage, they mainly deal physical harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are exhausting to kill and defend their own carries, for example by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They've both buffs or heals to assist their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane but within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The fascinating point is: Depending on the items you equip in your champions they're usually able to satisfy totally different roles!
To start with you do not have own champions, however each week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should buy extra champions with affect factors (IP) within the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has three completely different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you must destroy before you can assault the base itself. As a support your important constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which help you in fights. Between the lanes there is the "jungle", where impartial monsters are located. Should you kill those you obtain gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everyone has about a minute to spend his starting capital on items within the shop.
This doesn't take lengthy since you don't have much gold within the beginning. There are alternative ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here it is important to give them the ultimate blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several objects which grant you additional revenue (the so known as gold/5 objects -> they offer you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
If you happen to destroy the enemy main building (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nonetheless, you need to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on a minimum of one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it is not the best thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 if you happen to do not push the lanes at the same time. A mean match takes 30-forty five minutes, rarely greater than an hour. As quickly because the match reaches minute 20 it's also potential to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") where it's a must to capture and defend sure points. In addition there are ranked modes for players with summoner degree 30 (rationalization follows) through which you obtain an Elo depend relying in your wins and losses. For newbies I extremely recommend the traditional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends sweatshirt
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You don't only choose a reputation and a picture for your self (you are a so referred to as "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") but you are also able to degree up yourself and buy small buffs with Influence Points (IP).